If you get your facts wrong.
- I am terribly sorry. What I meant to say was this.
- Sorry. What I meant is this.
If you have been going too fast and your audience is having trouble keeping up with you.
- Let me just recap on that.
- I want to recap briefly on what I have been saying.
If you have forgotten to make a point.
- Sorry, I should just mention one other thing.
- If I can just go back to the previous point, there is something else that I forgot to mention.
If you have been too complicated and want to simplify what you said.
- So, basically, what I am saying is this.
- So, basically, the point I am trying to get across is this.
If you realize that what you are saying makes no sense.
- Sorry, perhaps I did not make that quite clear.
- Let me rephrase that to make it quite clear.
If you cannot remember the term in English.
- Sorry, what is the word I am looking for?
- Sorry, my mind has gone blank. How do you say ‘escargot’ in English?
If you are short of time.
- So just to give you the main points.
- As we are short of time, this is just a quick summary of the main points.